This is how today’s lone Villa goal came about at Bloomfield Road:
- Blackpool were in possession and launching an attack through the centre of the pitch with Ash and Makoun tracking back, Reo-Coker in a holding position in front of the back four.
- Makoun makes a sliding tackle, winning possession back and cleverly plays a sort of “roundhouse” style back heeled pass into Reo-Coker’s path while he was still on the ground.
- Reo-Coker plays a first time ball up to Darren Bent who is practically on the centre spot.
- Bent plays a first time knock out to space on the left flank for Gabby to run on to.
- Gabby’s already off to the races and picks up Bent’s pass with only Kingson to beat. He struggles to control the ball, but does extremely well in the end, rounds Kingson brilliantly and scores from a tight angle. Darren Bent made a supporting run to the six yard box to provide a cut back option, as you would expect. Stewart Downing was a little further behind, but was also running from the far side. Again, as you would expect.
You might also like...
Leave a Reply